As stated previously in “start here”, I am a stay at home parent and have been one for the past 5 years.
That’s it. That’s the only legitimate qualification I have that gives me license to blog about shit that is related to stay at home parenting.
If you want to go a bit deeper, here are some other things that may qualify as qualifications:
- I’m white. As if you couldn’t tell by the header image at the top of the page. My color doesn’t matter to me, and I hope that it doesn’t matter to you. Why am I mentioning it? Because it matters to a percentage of small-minded people. For what it’s worth, when I was working full time, I was doing so in an urban area. On a semi-weekly basis, my co-workers (largely composed of “people of color”…) would remark that I was “blacker than them”. True story.
- Prior to committing myself to my family, I had been working since I was 14. For the slower people out there, by the powers of MATH, that means that I had been working, and holding employment for nearly two decades. Why is this worth a mention? Because a large percentage of the people that you share oxygen with are burden with the stigma that most men become stay at home parents because they’re fuck ups who have shit wrong with them and can’t keep a job. By the way, if you thought that about me, fuck you.
- I have multiple college degrees. Fat lot of good they’re doing me, right? I’m only mentioning them here to make the people who thought I was a fuck up feel even shittier about their judgmental bullshit.
- I have been with the same person for nearly 12 years. We have three children together (Two of the children share my DNA: That’s right, the oldest was part of a package deal when I was courting my wife. Best quote I have ever heard about that was something along the lines of “It takes a big man to be a father, but an even bigger man to be a father to someone else’s child.)
- Then there’s this photographic evidence:
In short, I think that I know what I’m talking about. Should you disagree, feel free to comment on the matter in the comments section OR feel free to fill out the contact form at the top of the page. Just remember the golden rule: don’t be a dick.