Everyone needs a little help now and again. The loose idea with this part of my site is that it’s going to be a rolling list of links that people can click to because there will be some things in the future that I am a bit out of my depth on.
New as of Wednesday, December 16th 2015
- A ‘found’story about a father who loves his daughter but is slightly disappointed in her actions. Go ahead and give it a click: it’s only a 5 minute read. I felt it was incredibly relevant given that I have two daughters of my own who have the potential of being in the same situation.
- Got a taste for the lemons but don’t want to shell out the dough to keep your fridge stocked of the tart goodness? BOOM! A link for how to grow your own lemon tree INDOORS. You’re welcome.
- Getting ready to have a baby but unsure of what to put on their asses? Harken at the Sierra Club for some good wisdom regarding the cloth vs. disposable debate. For the record, the Wife and I went disposable with all 3 of our spawn. We still can’t see how anyone would have time for that shit.
- Fun fact? In a small enough area, farts can set off a smoke alarm. For reals. It was inadvertantly done with sheep on an airplane.
- Everyone needs to man-up. Hark upon The Art of Manliness.
- Need a different kind of work out? Onnit has you covered.
- Need help adult-ing? How to Adult is where you need to go.
- Improve your google-fu with an infographic!
- Health insurance got you down? Here’s some ideas on how to cut costs
- Need a refresher on grammar?
- Looking for an interesting way to fuck up your kids the next time they try and shake you down for money just because they they lost a tooth? LOOK NO FURTHER!
- Going on a trip? THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD PACK YOUR BAG.
- Got some time to kill? Why not read up on some of the world’s scariest places? or how about some of Wikipedia’s creepiest articles?
- I don’t like handing money over to iTunes to get some new music going. Does anyone, really? Through ways that escape me, I have found Listen to Youtube. Be careful where you click: this is an ad heavy site. It’s not completely obnoxious, you just have to “read” before you click. Wanna have a go with me about “pirating”? Fill out the contact form, fucker: I’ll show you what “swabbing the deck” really means. (Edited: I’d also like to point out that normally, I would get new audio stuffs from the local library. My current library stinks. As in, I can’t get new audio stuffs. They don’t have the funding. Seriously. So, there’s that).
- BEHOLD! The Rollins Archive. Henry Rollins’ radio show from the very beginning. For free. Download it. You’ll be glad you did.
- Fugazi created a comprehensive web site of all of their shows. Even if you don’t know who they are, you need to check this out. Also, the music can be bought on the cheap
As a stay at home dad with three kids in school and a deep-seated phobia of having to deal with people on a regular basis, I have discovered the pot of veritable wonder that is podcasts. The first link is the home page for the podcast, the link underneath that is a specific podcast that everyone ought to listen to.
- You made it weird.
RECIPES AND FOOD
- Thug Kitchen
- Paleo Plan
- Not sure how to store the produce that you bought in an effort to de-fat yourself? Never question yourself again!
- THE CROCK POT IS YOUR FRIEND. LOVE THE CROCK POT.
Look no further than Henry Rollins.
I first saw Henry in an ad for Macs in one of my sister’s Rolling Stone Magazines. I was super young, definitely pre-teen. If I’m not mistaken, shortly after that ad, he ended up having a column in Rolling Stone for a short period of time.
I have been a fan ever since.
Since I have come to be a certain age, a lot of what he has talked about has held a certain resonance with me. Just… Just check him out.
If that’s not your bag, try some Neil Gaiman on for size.